Vision and Values
Our Vision and Values
“Happy, vibrant, life-long learners”
Our belief is that all children have the right to a stimulating learning environment where they are motivated to learn through the provision of a varied and exciting curriculum. We promote excellent standards of behaviour, have high expectations and are committed to high standards of achievement for all our children.
- Provide a safe learning environment which promotes creativity and a curiosity of the wider world.
- Encourage children to be confident, independent lifelong learners.
- Encourage children to have a positive view of their own self-worth, enabling them to feel secure and valued as individuals within the school community.
- Provide an inspiring, challenging environment for ALL children so that they can become highly motivated learners.
- Develop an ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed.
- Develop the whole child, nurturing and extending their spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding.
- Provide equal opportunities for ALL children.
- Teach children a sense of responsibility showing respect for others and the environment
Our School Values
Our values were agreed together and form the basis for all that we do in school. They are woven into our policies, our lesson planning and our routines. We encourage staff and pupils to be aware of and to use these through our curriculum and through everyday activities. Our values are:
Respect: We show respect to each other and to school property all of the time.We show respect by following our school rules and values and by our actions to each other.
Aiming High: We always try our very best so that every day we know more and can do more. We have high expectations for ourselves and for others.
Community: We welcome every member of our community to the school. We care for every member of our school community. We are an inclusive school, recognising and valuing diversity.
Kindness: We are always kind to each other and think about how we can make sure our school is a happy, safe environment. We show kindness by caring and supporting each other, listening to each other and sharing ideas and resources.